Scientific Progress

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Oct 25 10:03:00 PDT 2016

On 10/25/2016 05:24 AM, John Newman wrote:

>> On Oct 25, 2016, at 12:59 AM, Tom <tom at vondein.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 05:36:30PM -0400, Kevin Gallagher wrote:
>>> They are blind enough to believe that their "advances" help society,
>>> despite them actually shifting the balance of power away from the people.
>>
>> The point of science is to find answers to open questions and by doing
>> so gain knowledge. Seriously, science is not the enemy. It were not the
>> enemy in 1641 and it isn't today.
>
> For real. +100 (as comrade Alex would say)

> Take that view point around here and you will be called absurd shit like a "scientific truther" =)

So let me hear you deny the state of science is often contaminated,
perverted and raped by the science of the state.

I BELIEVE that's a major topic of discussion here. How the GOVERNMENT
funds COMPUTER SCIENCE making it's 'industrial output' to the end user
SUSPECT.

That's because scientists on the GOVERNMENT DOLE don't really do much in
the way of free inquiry, and I'll re-state, from another thread, why...
aside from the need to keep a roof over your head and not end up the
academic variant of 'the slandering of ioerror', by hostile 'colleagues':

'Peer-review eats one's mind. Like the earwig in that Night Gallery
episode.' Or perhaps more apropos, this >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OofMJ6cwzLM

H/t grarpamp for the link...

Rr