Intercept Greenwald Klein Talk Waffling Full Disclosure

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Oct 20 10:47:08 PDT 2016

On 10/20/2016 10:26 AM, Kevin Gallagher wrote:
> Thanks for the reply! I will consider these things.
>
> The only thing that worries me is the proposal that we use the same
> criteria as the people we are claiming to be criminals. Implicate the
> whole family for the sins of one... It just don't seem like an
> improvement to me.

It isn't. But it's a starting point to hold the people who accumulate
power for self-advantage (ie psychopaths) accountable for their power by
not allowing them a right to wield that power without panopticon-like
observation.

It implies that people who are born to privilege are
> incapable of seeing the problems with the system and escaping it.

Some people 'escape'. It's usually glaring obvious who those people are,
and there aren't many. Even fewer manage to avoid falling back into that
comfortable 'nest' of affluence.

 I'm
> not sure that's the best way, but at the moment I don't yet have an
> alternative, so I will just think about it for a while.

We need to start somewhere. Start with the people who have the power and
have the ability to violate OUR privacy at their government-legitimized
whim.

Let's get some equality between the gander and the goose so to speak, or
OUR gooses get cooked. Recently there's been a reporting, by the
Intercept and ACLU notably, about the violation of NODAPL's privacy and
safety by COINTELPRO-like ops and data gathering on activists by, ahem,
Cloudflare, and others. Leonard Peltier, in his letter of support for
the Sacred Stone encampment made a POINT of warning everyone that the
end result of that sort of domestic spying may create more "Leonard
Peltiers". The same is very true for the BlackLivesMatter folks. They
COULD very much end um the next gen of "Geronimo Pratts" and other Black
Panthers. Imprisoned for decades for crimes they had no part in because
the government was able to fabricate 'circumstances'. I suspect the
Useful Idiot organization New Black Panthers are tasked with that
endeavor whether they understand it or not.

Rr