Causing systemic change / achieving a lasting "win" - honest businessmen - gold and silver coin

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Oct 20 08:24:08 PDT 2016

On 10/19/2016 11:10 PM, juan wrote:
> Maybe the moral of the story is that democracy is rather flawed. "If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal"

I have to point out that, at least at a local level, it can, and they do.

The example I cite is TexASS, where there were going to be a number of
issues voted on that affected property rights for native Americans
regarding the Border Wall... So the state passed a "RealID" law that cut
every sovereignty-claiming native out of the elections (because soverign
natives don't ascribe to US documentation). By the time the USSC heard
the emergency appeal and rescinded that redaction of Native voting
rights the election was over and the Wall-building interests got what
they wanted.

Rr