Causing systemic change / achieving a lasting "win" - honest businessmen - gold and silver coin

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Oct 19 23:17:24 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 03:10:33AM -0300, juan wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 16:39:27 +1100
> Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 07:44:42PM -0300, juan wrote:
> > > 	This is what happens to honest businessmen in the US
> > > 	https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2012/03/26/use-real-money-go-to-federal-prison/
> >
> > Not only the USA.

> > Moral of the story? A win/change by a lone individual will not last
> > the next term of government where he is not re-elected, and ONLY a
> > genuine grass roots supported movement for change, shall be lasting.
>

> 	But he did get some popular support...

No, he got support for the data/info gathering.

Entirely different to political support for a systemic change.

>  Maybe the moral of the
> 	story is that democracy is rather flawed. "If voting changed
> 	anything they'd make it illegal"

The Swiss failed to keep constitutional and therefore people control
over their own money.

But they did for some decades experience far greater political "control"
than most other so-called democracies around the world.

Also balk against "they" - far too defeatist, leads to disheartened
apathy ("there's nothing we can do - 'they' will stop us"). Not useful.