[Cryptography] Senator Ron Wyden Discusses Encryption, Data Privacy and Security

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 07:43:12 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 7:37 AM, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/10/technology/ron-wyden-discusses-encryption-data-privacy-and-security.html
>
> What else is coming up for consideration in the cybersecurity space?
>
> Browser spying. Senators John McCain and Richard Burr have a proposal to ...

... be even bigger assholes than they already are.

"Wyden:
On the security side, we are no longer collecting millions of phone
records on people"

False.

"There is a way to address security while also addressing liberty:
- by emergency authority"

Then everything will become "emergency".
Cat in a tree? Big emergency! Roll the biggest truck you got,
be sure to wear hats for show. City full of cats that can climb trees?
24x365 emergency! Where have we see that before.

"- and focusing on people who are a threat."

Craftily doesn't say how threat is found and what done thereafter.
Could just be parlay words. Wyden is still a decent voice.