Freenet and OnionCat

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Oct 8 13:28:12 PDT 2016

It may be old news, and Freenet peers connect well enough via OnionCat
<http://mh7mkfvezts5j6yu.onion/>.

I've been taking a somewhat different approach. I'm also using OnionCat,
but I focused first on anonymously reaching peers via the open Internet.
I have a node that hits the Internet through an "anonymous" VPS proxy.
The node reaches the proxy via IPv6 OpenVPN via OnionCat. The node binds
locally only to tun1, and in the proxy, tun1 forwards to eth0.

Anyone interested in playing? Contact me off-list, if you like.