Tox.Chat: A New Kind Of Instant Messaging

Kevin Gallagher kcg295 at nyu.edu
Fri Oct 7 10:28:38 PDT 2016

qTox has been pretty good for me, and I got a lot of friends to move
over to it. The calls are absolute garbage, and every now and then there
will be issues with people disconnecting seemingly at random, but
all-in-all it is decent to use.

The only thing that worries me is that key verification is based on the
fact that you have an entire public key as a user's ID. This lacks
usability for non-technical users, especially since very few people
actually exchange IDs over a secure third channel.

--
Kevin Gallagher
PhD Candidate, Department of Computer Science
Email: kevin.gallagher at nyu.edu
Key Fingerprint: D02B 25CB 0F7D E276 06C3  BF08 53E4 C50F 8247 4861