Wikileaks says Wednesday is the End for Hillary.

xorcist at sigaint.org xorcist at sigaint.org
Tue Oct 4 14:36:40 PDT 2016

>> I'm not anti-rationalist, any more than I am anti-wrench. It's a
>> tool. And when it is a useful too, I'm more than willing to use it.
>>
>> But not all problems are mere nuts and bolts.
>

> 	It's the only valid tool for rational discussions. But you
> 	want to be able to use rational arguments if they serve your
> 	purpose and play the irrationalist card when the argument
> 	doesn't go your way. Neat.

Ah, now this is telling. Please take a moment, and consider our mutual
choice of words here: I used the word "useful." Whereas you chose the word
"valid."

It is quite natural that "rationality" is the only "valid" tool for
"rational discussions." This is a tautology. Sometimes tautologies can be
quite profound, but in this case, I'm not finding it.

But I chose the word useful. I chose that word because often times in
"rational discussions" the participants cannot agree on basic axioms and
perspective from which to reason. Rationality is, at its foundation, about
AGREEING on some basic foundational ideas, and PROCEEDING from them. When
the bedrock cannot be found, reason as a tool has no purchase. The teeth
of the wrench have no bite.

When this happens (among other times), rationality ceases to be useful,
and one goes round and round getting nowhere in the discussion. As we
have.

It is at that point that I begin to make fun of the entirety of the
discussion. It is at that point that I bring in "irrational" (more
properly - non-rational) modes of thought to inform the discussion.
Sometimes, they can help provide the friction needed to move forward.

Other times there is such a great insistence on thinking only just a
certain way, and such a volatile response to bringing in any other
considerations, that I'm then content to just go into foolishness mode and
fuck with the other participant. I may not get ideas from the
"discussions" but I'll get ideas for a turn of phrase or such, and that's
fun too.

<much bogus misrepresentations and ill-thought out examples of 'logic'
clipped>

> 	Feel free to reply with the same nonsense, and have the last
> 	word...

Oh, we both know you won't let that happen. But thanks.

Alternatively, you're welcome to the 'last word' so long as those words
are simply a disagreement with what I've ACTUALLY said, rather than a
misrepresentation, attack, or some pathetic conspiracy delusion.