Re: Dortmund, Germany: Woolworths Axes Christmas Decorations: ‘We’re a Muslim Business Now’

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Thu Nov 24 16:16:55 PST 2016

On 11/24/2016 12:39 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 08:06:16AM -0800, Razer wrote:
>>
>> On 11/23/2016 09:24 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>>> Times are a changin', at least in Germany, as intended by the German
>>> Bundestag:
>>>

>>> Woolworths Axes Christmas Decorations: ‘We’re a Muslim Business Now’
>>> http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11/23/woolworths-axes-christmas-muslim-now/
>> The Woolworths company went bankrupt and closed all their stores decades
>> ago.
>>
>> This is like saying Magnavox or RCA, Zenith, did this or that. They're
>> simply people who purchased a name without facilities or the 'good will'
>> of the original namesake and proceeded to do business based on... Blue Sky.
> Ok.
>
> Here is Australia, they're big and national, like Coles, but they made a
> multi billion dollar mistake ~5 years ago trying to start a new home
> hardware chain which went bust this year, and now it looks like
> Woolworths (Australia) is likely to fold too.
The Woolworths company from 'the 50s and segregated lunch counter fame
went out of biz decades ago. As I said. Someone must have bought the
name and used it. They have a great sense of humor but this jewelry
outlet has them beat.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/17d9c8b42ff393794212202569211f88/tumblr_ofrkdiKIPa1s925jyo1_500.jpg