Parallella Epiphany-V 1024-core 64-bit RISC

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 15:17:22 PST 2016

 From: grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
https://www.parallella.org/2016/10/05/epiphany-v-a-1024-core-64-bit-risc-processor/

I am happy to report that we have successfully taped out a 1024-core
Epiphany-V RISC processor chip at 16nm.  The chip has 4.5 Billion
transistors, which is 36% more transistors than Apple’s latest 4 core
A10 processor at roughly the same die size

I am very impressed.  I can recall, when I worked for Intel for a couple years starting 1980, that the typical linewidth was about 3 microns, or about a factor of 200 larger than 16 nm!    I wonder how the lithography is done.   Is it EUV?   (extreme ultraviolet)
             Jim Bell