Censors: We want Real-News, Real-Names, Real-ID, Real-Censorship

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 14:48:36 PST 2016

 From: grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/11/18/1816219/president-obama-on-fake-news-problem-we-wont-know-what-to-fight-for
https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/17/president-obama-on-fake-news-problem-we-wont-know-what-to-fight-for/

>World's leading InfoOperator fails to blame self and news orgs for
shit news quality.

>President Barack Obama spoke in Berlin Thursday during a visit to
German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and during his remarks he addressed
concerns about fake news circulating via social platforms like
Facebook. On the subject of fake news, Obama noted that the ease with
which we can make false information seem like genuine facts on
platforms including "a Facebook page" means there's a great risk for
audiences.
I have to chuckle about these people complaining about fake news.  Let's say there are two problems:1.   People promoting fake news.2.   People FAILING to promote GENUINE news.
The MSM (mainstream media) just spent about a year avoiding telling the truth about Hillary Clinton, and her corruption.  (I won't list the details; no point).  It misled the public enormously.  Why, then, should we pay attention to its complaints (and those of others) who are claiming that false facts are being pushed?
Further, I should point out that "fake" news would tend to not exist in an environment in which the MSM actually covered such negative news.  The problem, as I see it, is that UNLIKE previous election cycles, and non-election coverage, in 2015-2016 the MSM took a very biased position, and avoided covering embarrassing and incriminating facts.  This was especially true in the last few months of the campaign.  Over the months, the public was, effectively, 'trained' to accept the possibility that a genuine fact could exist, despite the lack of coverage from a large segment of the media, the MSM.  That having occurred, it was no longer surprising that they would not be ask skeptical when other, invented 'facts' entered the arena.
Blame the MSM.
             Jim Bell