This month in serious ridesharing allegations

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 12:57:36 PST 2016

 From: Razer <rayzer at riseup.net>

 On 11/19/2016 09:48 AM, jim bell wrote:

  From: Razer <rayzer at riseup.net>

>This month in serious ridesharing allegations
 >Nathaniel Mott
 >October was defined by a study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research which revealed that many Uber and Lyft drivers >are sexist. The landmark study found that drivers in Seattle made African American passengers wait longer to be picked up,

A few months ago, I read a part of an article referring to another article saying that Americans discriminated against "African-American names".  The second article might have been     http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-sounding-names-study_us_561697a5e4b0dbb8000d687f , although I just Googled that result.

 But the first article went on to point out that in reality, Americans discriminated against STRANGE names, not specifically against African-American names.  But because blacks have begun to adopt strange names, they adopt the discrimination they would not otherwise face.

This is why the term, "Lying with statistics" exists.

            Jim Bell

>I don't think that point matter one bit.
I don't think most people are in any way interested in what you have to say.

>If my name was doodleflapper it would be a strange name. But a different kind of strange than Ishmael Osama Baraka Stokely Carmichael.
But my (and others) point is that nutty lefty organizations like Huffington Post like to lie about things, make it appear there is "racism" when there really isn't.  They often do this by citing seemingly-authoritative statistics, ones that don't actually support what they claim.
                  Jim Bell