[Cryptography] "we need to protect [our dox] by at least encrypting them"

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:24:18 PST 2016

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 4:38 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> +1. Be *extremely* careful who you are teaching to encrypt

For example, consider if everything on Wikileaks docs from around
the world, the NSA trove, or even just the recently leaked emails and
documents about Clinton corruption and the shady politics, even just
routine public business which should be open anyways... were,
instead of being just more or less authenticated, were a bunch of
encrypted blobs with benign subject lines...
You'd have learned nothing of the corruption / unethics / spying
and general happenings within.

Of course now they're wanting to learn buy and use crypto pretty bad.
Some might choose to feed them snakeoil for fun, profit, and to not
become locked out.