"positive thinking", a great tool for quelling dissent

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Sat Nov 5 09:43:56 PDT 2016

On 11/03/2016 08:26 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> RSA ANIMATE: Smile or Die Acclaimed journalist, author and
> political activist Barbara Ehrenreich explores the darker side of
> positive thinking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5um8QWWRvo

Yes! magazine, the principal propaganda organ for Progressive Liberal
positive thinkers, seems to have just changed its editorial policy.
In a feature article widely distributed via social media, they have
published a detailed account of police violence at Standing Rock that
calls torture of prisoners torture, straight up, without euphemisms or
waffling.  This is a radical break from their customary "if you can't
say something nice don't say anything at all" policy, which is what
the Yes! brand has been about for many years.

Yes! will not meet standards for approval by our more wannabe-radical
participants here, because it is /most/ unlikely that they will ever
advocate killing people as the one and only practical way to affect
political change.  But they do reach an audience of opinion leaders
among the Middle Class Liberals, and those folks' favorite feelgood
story teller just took a shot at slapping them awake.  In and of
itself this means little, but as an indicator of shifting political
winds it is part of a trend that could become YUGE.

Our urban Middle Class has been treated to months of full saturation
propaganda campaigns presenting a vulgar buffoon of a
pretend-candidate for President as an existential threat to Everything
That Is Good And Holy In The Entire Universe.  The same campaigns
promote the absolute, unquestionable necessity of electing a ruthless,
vicious, high performing mass murderer who will save them from the Big
Bad Trump, depicting her as the shining champion and savior of
Everything That Is Good And Holy In The Entire Universe.  In recent
weeks I have seen people I would never have believed capable of
rational criticism of their Party's heroic leaders bailing out of that
mind set.

Is it possible that the cognitive dissonance barriers that keep
Identity Politics on the (so-called) Left working have started to
crack?  Could it be that the people at Yes! think so, and have decided
to roll with that and see where it leads?

http://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power/why-the-assaults-on-standing-roc
k-require-police-from-seven-different-states-and-other-questions-2016103
1

=or=

https://tinyurl.com/yes-off-the-reservation

:o)