Where Traditional DNA Testing Fails, Algorithms Take Over

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Nov 4 20:57:45 PDT 2016

On 11/04/2016 09:07 PM, Razer wrote:
> The fellow who developed genetic 'typing' has spent most of his
> post-academic research life as an expert witness testifying that DNA was
> not suitable for identify individuals, just groups of individuals.

Yes. But that's because technology has limited them to using a
relatively small set of sequences. The most notorious fuckup is that,
using standard sequence libraries, all African-Americans tend to look
alike. I'm sure that there are analogous limitations for other racial
groups. I've seen reports of false matches among Caucasians.