Neutralize ME firmware on SandyBridge and IvyBridge platforms

qubenix qubenix at riseup.net
Tue Nov 29 06:40:00 PST 2016

Hello, I'm new to the list. Here is my first contribution.

Neutralize ME firmware on SandyBridge and IvyBridge platforms -
http://hardenedlinux.org/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html

"...
The Intel Management Engine with its proprietary firmware has complete
access to and control over the PC: it can power on or shut down the PC,
read all open files, examine all running applications, track all keys
pressed and mouse movements, and even capture or display images on the
screen. And it has a network interface that is demonstrably insecure,
which can allow an attacker on the network to inject rootkits that
completely compromise the PC and can report to the attacker all
activities performed on the PC. It is a threat to freedom, security, and
privacy that can’t be ignored.
..."

Https is also working, but cert is for Github and needs an exception. I
guess the site is hosted from github.io or something. Anyway I don't
like to promote the blind acceptance of warned certs, and I have no way
to verify the fingerprint. So at your own risk...

--
qubenix
GPG: B536812904D455B491DCDCDD04BE1E61A3C2E500