Are there crypto discussions on this forum

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Mon Nov 28 20:00:43 PST 2016

On 11/28/2016 07:20 PM, Mirimir wrote:
> On 11/28/2016 07:58 PM, Igor Chudov wrote:
>> Hi, I am Igor Chudov, a great while ago I was involved in running this
>> mailing list via my proposal of a distributed list. Then junk messages
>> became too time consuming and I got busy.
>>
>> I decided to subscribe to take a peek recently, and wanted to ask if
>> this mailing list has bona fide discussions of cryptography, its role
>> in the modern economy, finance and politics, etc.
>>
>> Thanks
> Nope. It's dead meat. Troll hill. So it goes.

I try to post security technology-related items. I don't see much
response and get trolled often.

Recently: "Ride for Free! Hackers Hold SF's MTA's Computer Network
Hostage For $73k Ransom" with some details of the hack.

"Dave? Dave? What are you doing Dave? - 'Robot Smashes Booth, Injures
Man at Tech Fair'"

Today: "Technocracy: "...all of us went along with it, because the
simplicity was reassuring.", with links to some awesome
neo-philosophical thoughts on technology by Adam Curtis.

I end up getting responses like

On 11/27/2016 07:22 PM, juan wrote:
> Go stone some palestinians razer.

Rr

Ps. This was never a cryptography list.

Pps: This list seems to be infested by right-wing libertarian feudalists
who think they're anarchists, but I'm used to that from living near
Silicon Valley for 40 years. Some think they're hippies cause they're
hipsters, too. It was fun watching a drug discussion a while back. Maybe
the list will self-correct after a while if enough of them believe their
own bs powder drug fantasies and croak.