Technocracy: "...all of us went along with it, because the simplicity was reassuring."

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Mon Nov 28 11:28:55 PST 2016

Adam Curtis @BBC:

"We live in a strange time. Extraordinary events keep happening that
undermine the stability of our world. Suicide bombs, waves of refugees,
Donald Drumpf, Vladimir Putin, even Brexit. Yet those in control seem
unable to deal with them, and no-one has any vision of a different or a
better kind of future.

This film will tell the story of how we got to this strange place. It is
about how, over the past 40 years, politicians, financiers and
technological utopians, rather than face up to the real complexities of
the world, retreated. Instead, they constructed a simpler version of the
world in order to hang on to power.

And as this fake world grew, all of us went along with it, because the
simplicity was reassuring..."

HyperNormalisation 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fny99f8amM
(2h, 40m, 28s)

Rr

Ps: A prologue to the film by Adam Curtis, who also brought us "The
Power of Nightmares" BBC documentary defining the roots of modern
terrorism, which originated in the lecture halls of a certain well-known
philosopher influential with the American Neocons, and the article "The
Baby and the Baathwater", regarding the US government's assisting the
Baath Party to power in the Middle East at the end of World War Twice...

Living in an Unreal World, a Short Film Adam Curtis Made for VICE About
Your Life.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/adam-curtis-living-unreal-world-short-film