minimizing "comms platform change" friction - "world’s most bloodthirsty killer award" - modern Western warfare

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Nov 25 17:19:04 PST 2016

*
As we saw yesterday, president-elect of the USA,
Donald Trump refuses "traditional" media "presidential monitoring,
milking, shaming and all around manipulating", and instead
launched his own Youtube channel!

This is a defining moment in history.

In what ways can we help speed, support and otherwise ride, this process
of democratization of communications?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_networking_service

*
Blatantly counter factual news is de rigueur for the modern Western
lame stream media.

As we saw yesterday, Trump continues his royal middle finger to the
establishment liars (sorry, media) by starting his own Youtube channel
to make his public announcements - so not only has the game changed
irrevocably, but at least one "leader" is on the page for shifting power
away from the lying "main stream" media.

Regarding censorship, the main limitation of Trump's unilateral
communication using Youtube over the lamestream media, is that YouTube,
like Twitter and Facebook, is just another central point of failure.

"They're just a private company, they can censor all they like" does
NOT cut it! Go to hell you fascist idiots, or rather, do the world a
favour and go live in North Korea!

*
Since these corporations (who are supposedly allow to "censor all they
like, since they're just their to make profit") are a virus against our
rights of free speech and rights to communicate with one another,

EVIDENTLY we must route around this virus!

And Donald Trump is doing the best he can (it seems) to so route around
said virii.

*
The next step of democratization of our collective public / "community"
communications, is full peer to peer / P2P networked communications
platform.

The traditional establishment media is not getting their way, and of
course the kickback is to be expected see for eample the lame excuses
from Twitter here ("we didn't mean to, it was someone else - yet they
completely disable dozens of "hate speech" accounts that go too far
against their establishment propaganda dictate):
https://heatst.com/tech/twitter-bans-all-mentions-of-twitter-alternative/

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/twitter-try-one-long-running-alternatives/

*
Full commoditization/ democratization of our comms platforms/ tools,
implies end-user control, individual capacity to "launch" or "speak"
publicly, and that those who want to listen can listen to those they
want to listen to, without a single point of failure of a Twitter Inc, a
Facebook Inc or a Google / Alphabet Inc to shut down their streams of
comms between speakers and listeners, choosing freely to so speak and to
so listen!

 - We have the right to speak to those who want to listen to us.

 - We have a right to listen to those we want to listen to speaking.

( apropos s/speak/write|type|read|view|etc/ )

Now is about a good an opportunity as we will ever see, to maximize
impact from deployment of "new" tech, to solve a real problem of
censorship, in the public eye.

Let's get tools in the hands of Team Trump, Milo Yianoppoulos,
Breitbart, and every other so-called "alternative" media source, left or
right, "extreme" left or right or otherwise, which tools reduce platform
change friction to as close to zero as possible.

*
The foundation of such tech is stable public identification.

An "identification regime" that folks are already familiar with is
probably the best start, backed by funky fully decentralised DHT type
tech. For on purely random e.g. (never used Twitter sorry, so this is
not in any way technically accurate!):
 - start with say Twitter handle syntax, [.]@...
 - add something small to this regime, say [.]@@... or [.]@UID...
 - back this with gnunet or something similar
 - build tools / GUIs to seamlessly transition folks from Twitter,
   Facebook etc

Imagine this:
 - "your account got banned? Just use Gwitter!"
 - "your tweets aren't getting out? Just add a second '@' symbol!"
 - "you're not seeing Milo's tweets? Just use Gwitter!"

We can imagine gateways between say Gwitter and Twitter, where every
individual who uses Gwitter and Twitter, becomes a gateway (if they so
choose), and a war where Twitter Inc shuts down more and more gateway
accounts, which would only highlight (to normies/ regular folk) the
foundational problem of the centralization and censorship inherent in
corporate fascist centralised "platforms" - this highlighting and
raising of awareness can only be a great thing!

*
Additional things like privacy, anonymity, secrecy etc, are not even on
the scale at the moment - the foundations must be handled first.

Can we solve "freedom of speech, as in I'm free to communicate with whom
I choose to communicate with, which may involve nothing more than
listening to those I wish to listen to"?

*
And here's just another example that triggered my snowlflakey self into
launching this tirade about why we need to get this done :)

Syria: Theater of the Absurd Gets Crazier
http://journal-neo.org/2016/11/25/theater-of-the-absurd-gets-crazier/

$ akw gnunet
Package: gnunet
Description-en: secure, trust-based peer-to-peer framework (meta)
 GNUnet is a peer-to-peer framework which focuses on providing security.
 All link-to-link messages in the network are confidential and
 authenticated. The framework provides a transport abstraction layer and
 can currently encapsulate the peer-to-peer traffic in UDP, TCP, or SMTP
 messages.