Bitcoin Unable To Provide Privacy, Attracts FED and IRS Heat, FinServices Cave Demands

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Tue Nov 22 06:19:30 PST 2016

On 11/21/2016 07:31 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 6:32 AM, John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:
>> Gotta tumble those coins !
>
> The degree of unlinkability achievable with bitcoin
> tumbling is not as high as people might think.
> Lots of papers on that.

One mix isn't enough. Mixing too much at one go is pointless. It's the
snake eating a pig issue. And you need to mix at least three times,
using different mixing services, among different wallets. I like using
Whonix instances, because they're easy to setup, and can be considered
disposable.

> Plus other hurdles...
> - Exchanges ... logs, fees, account locking (theft)

Don't use them :)

> - Tumblers... logs, fees, risk of theft

I've never suffered from theft.

http://foggeddriztrcar2.onion
http://bitmixer2whesjgj.onion
http://grams7enufi7jmdl.onion/helix

> - Joinmarket, the only operational, p2p, self contained
> in network method, in existance... has some issues too.

So does it work well as a mixer?

I'll check it out.