What % of the so-called alt-right were just plain ol' libertarians before?

Razer rayzer at riseup.net
Sun Nov 20 18:20:15 PST 2016

On 11/20/2016 03:05 PM, jim bell wrote:

> "socially-permissive republican", that approximates a libertarian.
>  But you could have also said, "an economically-permissive democrat..."

"socially-permissive republican" is not the mainstream of the Republican
party, economically-permissive democrat IS in the mainstream in that
party if you consider the regulations made DEFINITELY work in favor of
capitalists (employers, financial industry) and not the workers. The
capitalists say that's not true. Regulation hurts them. But "Hurts them"
means it prevents them from having it all.

Ps. You're discussing this with someone who thinks the two parties are
really two right wing factions of a one party state with the belief in
'manifest destiny' and 'nationalist exceptionalism' (fascism you know?)
as ideology.

> >Further, Fascists lead you to believe people have rights until your
> rights interfere with their sociopolitical needs. That's a US
> Libertarian, defined.
>
> You will have to be more specific.  Which "sociopolitical needs"?
>  Which "rights"?

Hitler needed Euro Jews for slave labor to create his great war machine
sociopolitically and economically.

Their rights.

Libertarians are fine with underpaid labor in the fields because it's
the natural order of things that bright minds with bright ideas, like
(snigger) app designers and database wonks are paid a fortune and the
people who feed them live in refrigerator boxes in fields ... b/c "Free
Market".

Their rights.

> " Libertarian techies are also well known for being gentrifiers of
> communities belonging to others..."
>
> Your reference to "communities belong to others" suggests a
> collectivist point of view.  Not surprising, I suppose.
> "Gentrifiers" are people who are willing to buy into areas; the
> cumulative effect of thousands of such raises the standard of living
> in such areas.  Is that a genuine problem?
> Hint:  In the 1960's, when whites fled neighborhoods, this was called
> "white flight", and it was considered "bad".  Now, it happens in
> reverse, and somehow it's still "bad".
> I don't get it.

To one person a 'raise in 'standard of living' means the power doesn't
go out every time there's a storm(rural or suburban), or a new park in
the neighborhood(urban), to  another it's a 1/2 million dollar ticky
tacky condo close to work in a town they don't even live at. Put
succinctly, they don't want to live in your neighborhood. They want to
live in THEIR neighborhood where you USED TO LIVE, and the truly
disgusting part is they have absolutely no concern whatsoever where you
go, as long as it's away.

That problem, and that's just the TIP of the Shitberg. You call
communities collectivist as if that's a BAD thing, and see no problem
with "Feudalism (we can hire the security guards and cam towers on
generators... Oakland, probably around Detroit, to keep you out) of our
little empire b/c YOU can't afford to live 'round heah no mo... boy.

Did I mention that Feudalism is my base social analysis of
Libertarianism IRL, moreso than it's fascist tendency b/c fascism it
just a ideological tool to get people to follow along as... serfs, in
that so-called free market that will work in favor of the feudalists
just a surely as it works in the favor of GoldmanSachs now.

Rr