Censors: We want Real-News, Real-Names, Real-ID, Real-Censorship

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 00:00:59 PST 2016

https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/11/18/1816219/president-obama-on-fake-news-problem-we-wont-know-what-to-fight-for
https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/17/president-obama-on-fake-news-problem-we-wont-know-what-to-fight-for/

World's leading InfoOperator fails to blame self and news orgs for
shit news quality.

President Barack Obama spoke in Berlin Thursday during a visit to
German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and during his remarks he addressed
concerns about fake news circulating via social platforms like
Facebook. On the subject of fake news, Obama noted that the ease with
which we can make false information seem like genuine facts on
platforms including "a Facebook page" means there's a great risk for
audiences. Here's is what he said, "Because in an age where there's so
much active misinformation, and it's packaged very well, and it looks
the same when you see it on a Facebook page or you turn on your
television, where some overzealousness on the part of a U.S. official
is equated with constant and severe repression elsewhere, if
everything seems to be the same and no distinctions are made, then we
won't know what to protect. We won't know what to fight for. And we
can lose so much of what we've gained in terms of the kind of
democratic freedoms and market-based economies and prosperity that
we've come to take for granted.