Universal Basic Income

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:22:16 PST 2016

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 12:52:20 -0800
Jacob Core <jacob.core at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07-Nov-16 09:42 PM, juan wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 00:34:40 -0500
> > grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> In a country with universal basic income, each individual gets a
> >> regular check from the government.
> > 	Wow! That's as stupid and evil as the stuff about russian
> > 	'orthodox' kkkristianity and imperialism.
> >
> > 	A check from the government. And where do the
> > 	government's funds come from?
> >

> While I largely agree with this list regarding government, I do agree
> about UBI.

	So you agree with libertarian/anarchist anti-government views,
	but you still want yet another government scam? That doesn't
	seem to make much sense...

> I think its naive to think that those whom own farms and
> the like will just give the fruits of their labour away.

	It's naive to assume that any worker is going to give away the
	fruits of his labor unless threatened by government. That's
	why government uses lethal force to collect taxes, so they can
	fund a 'universal' 'basic' 'income', among other scams.

> What is the
> common person to do, once McDonalds and Burger King have been fully
> automated?

	I don't know and it's pretty much irrelevant. Actually, in a
	free market there would be no such stupid corporatist jokes
	like mcdonalds.

>according to bls.gov (I never heard of them before,
> but .gov so whatever), they employ 520k jobs. How else would you
> propose to employ these people, who (including my unemployed ass at
> this point) are largely underemployed?

	Of course it you start with government premises you'll arrive
	at government conclusions...