Universal Basic Income

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:34:40 PST 2016

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/04/elon-musk-robots-will-take-your-jobs-government-will-have-to-pay-your-wage.html
https://medium.com/emergent-culture/an-exciting-new-idea-in-basic-income-b1b7bf622845

Computing the math on this now... needs more GPU.

"There is a pretty good chance we end up with a universal basic
income, or something like that, due to automation," says Musk to CNBC.
"Yeah, I am not sure what else one would do. I think that is what
would happen."

In a country with universal basic income, each individual gets a
regular check from the government. Switzerland considered instituting
a universal basic income of 2,500 Swiss francs ($2578) a month this
summer. Voters ultimately rejected the plan, but it sparked a broad,
global conversation.

Also this summer, President Obama addressed the idea of a universal
basic income in an interview with the Director of MIT's Media Lab, Joi
Ito, and Scott Dadich, editor in chief of WIRED: "Whether a universal
income is the right model — is it gonna be accepted by a broad base of
people? — that's a debate that we'll be having over the next 10 or 20
years."