some more alt history - Tsar Nicholas II

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Nov 5 01:32:17 PDT 2016

To my never-taught-history western schooled brain cell (which fires
but occasionally, which even that some doubt) the following is simply
interesting.

Trigger warning, the interview is with a historian who has strong
Orthodox Christian beliefs and comes across as proselytizing at times,
but the depth of anecdotes may be considered worthwhile, even for
existentialists among us - bloody motley lot we all are :D

PS, on pasting in the title and byline, I note that the interview is not
an interview, but is a series of written 'answers' to reader questions,
by one Father Andrew Phillips, so I should be worried if he were not
staunch in his Christianity :) :)

It's quite a long read...

Everything You Know About The Last Russian Tsar Is a Massive Lie. Here’s
The Truth
"These members of the upper classes (and not all were traitors) were
sponsored from the beginning by the West. The West considered that once
its values of parliamentary democracy, republicanism or constitutional
monarchy were introduced into Russia, it would become just another
bourgeois Western country."
Father Andrew Phillips (Orthodox England)
Father Andrew Phillips, is a long-serving priest in the ROCOR Orthodox
church in Essex, UK.
http://www.events.orthodoxengland.org.uk/the-glimmer-of-light-on-the-road-ahead-on-tsar-nicholas-ii-and-the-restoration-of-the-christian-imperium/
In this January 2013 article, he answers readers’ questions about the
last Russian Tsar, Nicholas II, debunking decades of deliberate,
slanderous lies coming from the media, academia, and governments of the
UK, Germany, and America, but mostly from the UK.