How long before compulsory microchipping of cattle, I mean, 'citizens'?

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Thu May 19 12:21:14 PDT 2016

On May 19, 2016 11:49:40 AM alan at clueserver.org wrote:

> There are two sorts of vendors for faraday equipment.
>
> The "anti-radiation" nut jobs and the forensics and security vendors.
>
> If there web site contains mention of homeopathy or emf field protection,
> the products are probably crap.
>
> If they mention things like "evidence protection" they are probably not
> cranks.
>
> I made the mistake of buying from the first sort once. Nice pretty fabric
> that did nothing useful.
>
> Amazon carries isolation pouches for cell phones that work very nice to
> shield RFID chips and they only cost $10. Some are more expensive if you
> want a window to look inside.

Right, but for not much more than $10 (mine was $16 and is quite nice), you
can pick up an actual but nondescript RFID-blocking wallet made by some
place like Travelon (for those who do not want to look like they're headed
to Defcon every time they pull out their wallet.)

The thing to watch for is how well the entire wallet acts as a Faraday
cage, which is why I suggested checking for leaks around the edges.  Some
of the wallets only have lining in the credit card slots, so check the
effectiveness of the blocking just by scanning a key card or metro card
while it's still inside your wallet.  Zippers and seams are where these
things are likely to fail so be sure to try to scan the card through them
when testing.

-S