How long before compulsory microchipping of cattle, I mean, 'citizens'?

Shelley shelley at misanthropia.org
Thu May 19 10:58:24 PDT 2016

On May 19, 2016 10:13:57 AM Rayzer <rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:

> My Social Security retirement fund 'Credit Card' has an rfid chip. They
> DO NOT issue checks anymore. They know their senior citizens are a
> threat and they want to track our purchasing patterns. Buy a little more
> fertilizer than your garden needs and wham-bam You're at Gitmo getting
> forced geritol enemas.

They may still issue the forced Geritol enemas (ha), but you can withdraw
your monthly direct deposit and just use cash (or prepaid credit cards for
online transactions) etc.  Of course it doesn't stop them from snooping,
but not having all the puzzle pieces in one box makes them work for it and
it has the added bonus of diluting info siphoned by the data broker scum.

As to RFID chips in general: don't forget that there are active and passive
chips, and proximity matters.  The dog catcher can't drive down your street
with a scanner to see who has pets.  That's not how passive RFID implants
work. (Source: I am a grinder.)  Before you worry that someone is scanning
a crowd to ID protesters, check it against a card reader to measure the
proximity.  It's much more likely they'd identify people in a crowd by
facial recognition.

That said, RFID-blocking wallets and passport holders have been available
for 15+ years and you should consider using one.  They're relatively
inexpensive now, but you can go totally DIY and use a metal container.  A
large Altoids tin (if they still make them, sometimes seen around the
holidays) also holds a passport and a mobile phone.  Very handy if you need
to go totally dark in an instant.  Always check for leaks around the edges
of a wallet or container before trusting your safety to it.

-S