LMAO at linux

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue May 17 08:08:12 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 10:56:31AM -0700, The Doctor wrote:

> On Mon, 16 May 2016 18:13:27 +0200
> Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
>
> > I hear that org-mode is modern replacement for this... Actually,
> > after spending good time with org I would rather not go back to
> > notes.txt.
>
> In recent years I've been using Tiddlywiki (http://tiddlywiki.com/)
> to manage notes for my projects, and I'm quite taken with it.  I
> keep them checked into the appropriate Git repositories so not only
> are they versioned but they get pushed to my server along with the
> code.

Looks nice. I guess you have your reason to make such choices and
perhaps I will try it myself one day. For now however, and in my case,
emacs does the job (keeping some activity log/record, notes, maybe
todo lists, maybe pieces of code - it seems there are some extremely
cool things possible when mixing code into org) so I tend to avoid
"more advanced" stuff [1]. I think it is possible to edit some (other)
wiki with org-mode and send content to it without needing a browser,
which would be huge plus for me. And if I was in need of wiki then
maybe I would look for something which does not require Javascript (as
Tiddly seems to, but I only glanced over few pages and into one zip).

YMMV, of course.

[1] Well, ok, if I see something as more advanced, I would at least
try to include it into my toolbox etc etc. My current needs are such
that emacs (and elisp) appear to be more advanced (compared to browser
and JS). But I have no intent to evangelize people about it.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola