Proxy / VPN before Tor in Qubes: Tor bootstrap stops at 80%

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:18:39 PDT 2016

On 5/25/16, katerimmel at sigaint.org <katerimmel at sigaint.org> wrote:
>> Try turning up debugging.
> Debugging shows me that results are all OK until Tor socksport reachability

> I'm using JonDo ip changer
> What do you means about pointing tor at tor?

Tor provides a SOCKS5 interface on the front that
is presumably written correctly and not third party,
to eliminate jondo and at least test tor at/over tor.

./tor --socks5proxy (-->) ./tor --socksport (-->) internet

You may also like to please consider supporting this feature...

# Provide a socks5 server port for user apps to use
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/577

... which would then make this an interesting narrow portal
to route specific apps through (and things like p2p where you
cannot predict / program the far end host to route to) without
gratuitously grabbing the entire 0.0.0.0/0 routing table of the host...

./openvpn --config c.ovpn --verb 4 --socks-proxy 127.0.0.1 9050
--route-noexec --route-up /usr/bin/env --script-security 2

This may also be of related use to some users...

# MAPADDRESS for IP ranges (CIDR, etc)

Gmail breaks thread to add VPN subject, sorry.