FBI Gripes About Crypto on Facebook...

Rayzer rayzer at riseup.net
Mon May 23 07:27:26 PDT 2016

Tuesday over a month ago...

On 05/22/2016 10:10 AM, grarpamp wrote:
> https://it.slashdot.org/story/16/04/06/1929201/top-fbi-attorney-worried-about-whatsapp-encryption
>
> WhatsApp on Tuesday...

Nevertheless the repeated reference to 'cost', which to 99.9% of the
people who would hear that spoken means CASH COST (rather than safety
and security costs) is telling. They know US currency is really damn
near worthless and it's a good bullying point to push people's minds
around with. Because people still want the 'stuff' dude, and if that
pesky crypto gets in the way of their being able to accumulate it...

Yeah... I know... Warped logic. And you expected critically rational
consumers?

Ps. Adbusters monthly mindbomb: "Everything is FINE. Keep shopping."

Rr

"In short, this is a very open and very active criminal investigation and we absolutely cannot release anything,
particularly [[...REDACTED... ]] and we cannot assist [REDACTED] by releasing anything at this time."