LMAO at linux

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Wed May 18 11:15:41 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 11:04 AM The Doctor <drwho at virtadpt.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 May 2016 18:13:27 +0200
> Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
>
> > I hear that org-mode is modern replacement for this... Actually, after
> > spending good time with org I would rather not go back to notes.txt.
>
> In recent years I've been using Tiddlywiki (http://tiddlywiki.com/) to
> manage
> notes for my projects, and I'm quite taken with it.  I keep them checked
> into
> the appropriate Git repositories so not only are they versioned but they
> get
> pushed to my server along with the code.

Tiddlywiki looks pretty neat. Thanks for mentioning it. I've actually been
looking for almost exactly this. The one drawback seems to be that, at
least without some coding, it can only save through the browser to local
disk or to a custom server, no WebDAV support or anything like that. It'd
be nice to save to Tahoe-LAFS or something along those lines.