[Cryptography] USG Moves to Vacate Apple Decrypt Order

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Tue Mar 29 11:43:56 PDT 2016

* Phillip Hallam-Baker:

> Some random thoughts
>
> * Apple wins big. First, they beat off the FBI warrant, second
> everyone with less than a 5s has to buy a new phone.

Surely consumers will get a refund because the iPhone 5c has a
world-ending, critical security flaw?  And we are expected to believe
that this flaw happened by accident, as the result of their
engineering practices, and not through a deliberate assault of their
best brains on their own technology.

I find the media reporting on the outcome rather puzzling.