Apple engineers... Will they (snigger) crack under pressure

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Fri Mar 18 13:35:11 PDT 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Anthony Papillion <anthony at cajuntechie.org>
wrote:

> On 03/18/2016 01:02 PM, dan at geer.org wrote:
> > Apple will have its Snowden.
>
> That's not a given. Everyone believes that Windows has backdoors and
> spying components in it but we've not seen a single Snowden from
> Microsoft. Why would we from Apple, an even more secretive company
> than Microsoft?

Or, just playing devils' advocate, perhaps we haven't seen any Snowdens
from Microsoft because there's nothing to be leaked? Perhaps, instead of
demanding cooperation from vendors and risking getting caught, the
government focuses on building the capability to exploit bugs and opsec
failures on the part of their targets.