Bitcoin: A Miner Problem

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:25:29 PST 2016

On 3/3/16, juan <juan.g71 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> grarpamp wrote:
>> > http://qntra.net/2016/03/a-miner-problem/
>
> 	"The only thing that can save Bitcoin, at this point, is
> completely breaking down the Chinese miner cartel. Which yes, means
> bricking all their hardware. It's time to do this, not least of all
> because having this precedent is extremely important for safeguarding
> Bitcoin in the future. We must show that we ~are~ able to destroy a
> miner cartel, or else."
>

> 	Damn! The yellow peril. But popescu and his superhero friends
> 	will save the world or at least bitcoin, by 'bricking' the
> 	yellow hardware...

Flag days are completely rational in bitcoin network
exactly the same and entirely rational as the banking
network has roughly 8-16 hours in a night to flag change
their junk. Especially since bitcoin and any other digital
currency offers a new paradigm of expectation to follow.
Software updates is one of those things to expects.

Bricking through change is a great defensive idea if needed,
however unfortunately it applies to all miners, clients,
etc that currently exist following the protocol.

Therefore the only way to break self interested cartels
is for the end user community to get together, realize
there is a real problem, and act to solve it. Seemingly
in this case, to openly design sell distribute open
high performance mining hardware under legally enforced
open sales records contract models at scale exclusively
to distributed end users at cost.

Communities of digital currencies will wake up to this
when they see their assets / dreams being pushed to
zero by such cartel influences. After all, that action
is the supposed model of these decentral digital currencies.

Right about now would be a good time to wake up.
Amazed there isn't already an AP price on some heads.

And that Satoshi may be laughing rather than
speaking in all this bullshit.