nsa taxis

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:25:25 PDT 2016

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:04:55 -0700
Rayzer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:

> juan wrote:
> > 	so I took a look at 'uber argentina' - as usual the amount
> > 	of self parody is almost unreal...
> >

> > 	1) nsa-uber steals 25% of the driver's earnings.
> >

> > 	2) They have all sorts of draconian requirements, including
> > new cars, age requirements, and all kinds of ID shit from the
> > 	government nazis. Razer would love it.
>
> Why do you say that?
>
> Because I think the so-called 'sharing economy' is a feudal fascist
> economy?

	No, I was only referring to the fact that you are not
	completely hostile to IDs, even gov't issued IDs.

	I do agree that uber is a scam. I would describe it as the next
	step in the development of 'western' corporate cancer.

	I don't know why the masters of marketig would call something
	like uber 'sharing economy'. But then again by definition it's
	just meaningless marketing jargon.

> That make me a Nazi?

> Because Uber's financial backers include scum like Goldman Sachs who I
> wouldn't care to enrich?
>
> That makes me a Nazi?

	the 'nazi' adjective was attached to ID requirements from uber,
	which rely on the ID systems of different police states across
	the world. (and I was commenting about the 'local'(to me) case)

> Because they spy on you, the consumer of their services, and don't
> seem to do as well 'spying' on their contractors about thinks like
> carrying guns, criminal records,

	Well, as a matter of fact, one of the requirements for drivers
	is to present their STATE ISSUED 'criminal record'...

> and so much more that someone
> getting in a car with a complete stranger might want to know?

>     A formal complaint has been filed against Uber, the car ride
>     company, by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), a
>     non-profit advocacy group. The NGO says Uber plans to use their
>     smart phone app to access user’s locations at all times, and to
> send advertisements to user’s contact lists.
>
>     Uber, a San Francisco-based company, has become worth over $40
>     billion in the five years since it launched its app that allows
>     anyone to pay for rides from nearby drivers in 300 cities in 57
>     countries. Along the way, it has also gained a bad reputation for
>     exploiting its employees and even some customers.
>
>     Last September, users were horrified to discover that Uber was not
>     only tracking them but boasting about this ability at private
>     parties. The tracking system that the company used to follow the
>     physical location of individuals was dubbed the “God View” by
>     executives…
>
> http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=16035
> https://epic.org/privacy/internet/ftc/uber/Complaint.pdf
>

> That's it! I must be a Nazi because I don't like companies that spy on
> people full-time for profit.

	To clarify again : the part about uber I was teasing you with
	was their ID requirements...They obviously require a government
	issued driver's license...