solutions for source code take downs due to DMCA?

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Wed Mar 30 05:22:54 PDT 2016

Hi,

Dnia środa, 30 marca 2016 08:03:19 Zenaan Harkness pisze:
> >> It seems "we" have yet to design a functional hidden service?
> >
> > It seems "we" have yet to take our heads out of our asses and stop using
> > centralized shit because "it's convenient".
>
> Good points, fair enough.
>
> I've promoted the "run it yourself or you don't control it and it will
> be used against you" principle a few times now...
>
> Is there a pseudonymous (all we can seem to even hope for at the
> moment) git hosting network, with discoverability?

There are attempts:
http://gitchain.org/
https://github.com/cjb/GitTorrent

Also, a decentralized, distributed package manager:
https://github.com/whyrusleeping/gx

The fact that all of these projects are hosted on GitHub says a lot, though.

> Perhaps my searching is simply not adequate, perhaps it's only
> relevant to those who do the development. I am aware that if you are a
> high-profile target, it's almost impossible to host anything - but
> perhaps tor hidden services are "adequate" for "entertainment
> industry" take downs?

Perhaps. But what I believe and will keep saying over and over, and over
again, is that we *need* to decentralize the application layer (and
redecentralize all the lower OSI layers, but that's another thing). Hence my
interest in stuff like Twister:
http://twister.net.co/

--
Pozdrawiam,