give all citizens six weeks of police training before eliminating the police

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Mar 27 20:04:41 PDT 2016

This "Rojava" process of training every adult member of the population
to be competent as a police officer, then (intending to) ditching the
police force, is something I have pondered over the years, my first
awareness is from the Swiss concept - every household has a rifle (at
least) and at least one person able to use it. Here in Australia we
are well fed fat cows it seems, with no particularly egregious
external threats, only the steady degradation by our own government
corrupt activities and extortive practices towards us "citizens", and
therefore little motivation within the population to be competent at
anything much other than telly, tinnies and trivia.

"The existing police force is trained in non-violent conflict
resolution as well as feminist theory before being allowed access to a
weapon. Directors of the Asayiş police academy have said that the
long-term goal is to give all citizens six weeks of police training
before ultimately eliminating the police.[100]
https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/no-this-is-a-genuine-revolution/
"

I'm -reasonably- sure they mean 'retiring' or 'dissolving' the police force.