Facebook - champion of free speech (of course, you knew that already)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Mar 20 17:48:14 PDT 2016

“Citizens must learn to weigh their words very carefully.  That’s a
way of teaching them to weigh their very thoughts carefully,
internally policing themselves, lest external social-justice police
have to be called in.  We are told to accept this new, constrained
view of free expression because only “bad” thoughts will be suppressed
"
http://beforeitsnews.com/police-state/2016/03/facebook-launches-a-new-initiative-thatll-infuriate-you-find-out-if-your-profiles-targeted-1000s-being-shut-down-3014.html

And so, a "solution" is a new website, "seen.life":
"it’s high time you readied yourself to switch over to Seen.life. It
is a fairly new site that is similar to Facebook but without all the
censorship crap.
Here are some of the differences you’ll find at Seen.Life:
No censorship!  Keep in mind they do have a Terms of Service that will
need to be followed for things like pornography, copyright violations
and defamation. If they receive a complaint, they’ll investigate."

No censorship at all.

"NO ID required. Facebook is now asking certain people for their ID’s.
That’s beyond the pale. You can use whatever name you’d like at Seen
and no ID required."

Until ID is considered useful for, IDK, perhaps account recovery...

"They won’t sell your data, in fact they don’t even collect it (other
than your email so you can receive notifications). "

Because compulsory email address is part of privacy, see. And about
data collection - they have this little thing called a "ucantrustus",
although I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean - some sort of
talisman I think.

"No limit to your account’s friends. If you’re popular enough to get
over 5,000 friends, we think that’s great!  More power to you!"

We --definitely-- need an alternative global relationships map db
since Facebook might be seen to be a little tainted. Heave a sigh of
relief since this site is still centralised, so it'll fill the gap
nicely once FB becomes so hot even sheep start to take notice...

"Private and secure chat rooms! These are strongly encrypted and
there’s no snooping."

They left out one import thing here - "Military grade encryption."
because sheep need military protection!!

"With the way Facebook is headed it’s not going to be a place you want
to stay. Sign up and create an account at Seen.Life and get away from
this invasive censorship!"

Since here at new site (please join), our censorship is currently
minimal (please join), we currently promise to not collect any^B[damn,
we're already collecting some] "too much" data (please join), we won't
require you to refine your personal network graph for us by limiting
your friend count at least for the time being (please join), and we
use military grade encryption so you are SAFE. Don't even think about
being NOT SAFE, since we use MILITARY GRADE ENCRYPTION that's so
powerful even the military could not crack it, until you get to the
chat room, and unless they grab a sub key from one of our many
friendly certificate providers (please join).

By the way, please join.

I guess they thought they were using some sophisticated marketing...
at least they're not using any free libre open source software (that
they're admitting) - Facebook uses PHP so that must be bad, well it
probably is but anyway...