Safe country for crypto products

strife strife at riseup.net
Thu Mar 17 17:10:28 PDT 2016

Hi!

Looks like, rather sooner than later, we will have to move some products
to other countries. AnyDVD, which has slightly different enemies, moved
from Switzerland to Antigua to Belize.

Looking at the slightly outdated cryptolaw.org, I wonder which
non-EU/non-US country would actually be suitable to serve as host
organization for open source crypto projects.

With some thinking, it probably can be arranged to have parallel
entities in multiple countries 'responsible' for an open source project.
I can't think of any examples where this is the case, most projects do
have one primary legal home (trademark, copyright, etc).

Suggestions?