[Cryptography] More Apple news

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:33:30 PST 2016

On 3/3/16, Viktor Dukhovni <cryptography at dukhovni.org> wrote:

> http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/03/san-bernardino-da-says-seized-iphone-may-hold-dormant-cyber-pathogen/
>
>    "The iPhone is a county owned telephone that may have connected to
>     the San Bernardino County computer network. The seized iPhone may
>     contain evidence that can only be found on the seized phone that
>     it was used as a weapon to introduce a lying dormant cyber pathogen
>     that endangers San Bernardino's infrastructure," according to a court
>     filing (PDF) by Michael Ramos, the San Bernardino County District
>     Attorney.
>
> This seems so far beyond remotely plausible that one wonders whether
> the responsible lawyers can be disbarred for blatant fabrication...

If these 31337 criminals wanted to pathogenically jack the
county systems they would have jacked in their own USB
firmware sploits to fubar the systems starting with any workstations
in reach. This lawyers own kids and himself have probably messed
with and installed so much shit on his issued iphone to consider it
compromised and warranting search. LOL totally made my day.