Standard Operating Procedure 303

Rayzer Rayzer at riseup.net
Tue Mar 1 09:16:54 PST 2016

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 12/28/15, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/24/15, Rayzer <Rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
>>> On January 8 2016 the US Supreme Court will consider a petition for
>>> certiorari in the EPIC v. DHS "Standard Operating Procedure 303" FOIA
>>> suit. SOP 303 is also known as the 'National Emergency Wireless
>>> Kill-Switch'
>>>
>>> “Standard Operating Procedure 303,” is the protocol that codifies a
>>> “shutdown and restoration process for use by commercial and private
>>> wireless networks during national crisis.”
> Any update on this SCOTUS case?

EPIC, January 11...
http://epic.org/foia/dhs/internet-kill-switch/

ars technica January 12, filed under "Law & Disorder / Civilization &
Discontents":

Supreme Court won’t force DHS to reveal secret plan to cut cell service
Full text of US cell phone kill-switch policy to remain under lock and key.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/01/supreme-court-wont-force-dhs-to-reveal-secret-plan-to-cut-cell-service/

--
RR

 "I believe democracy has so far disappeared in the United States that no “two evils” exist. There is but one evil party with two names." ~W.E.B. Dubois