Philosohpical - Reading between the lines: the Great War of Continents, information wars, and multipolarity

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Wed Mar 16 16:41:58 PDT 2016

In the context of nations and governments, Putin/ Russia's approach to
global order (multipolarity) is healthier than a single global hegemon
(be it USA, Russia, China or any other single power).

It seems evident to me that Russians, courtesy the collapse of the
USSR and surely other historical events, have a far keener awareness
of that which constitutes actual national security and a
"conservative" global order.

Here's one quote from the article linked below:
"The confrontation in Syria cannot be solved by ‘international
coalitions’ formed other than by the UN Security Council. Russia and
the US are the co-chairs of the International Syrian Support Group.
And unlike the various coalitions, this group does not aim at
overthrowing Assad: its documents specify that the future of the
country will be decided by the Syrian people. As it should be.
This means that the world has already been redesigned, becoming a much
safer place to live in
"

---
http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/where-did-putin-lead-his-country/ri13070
Where Has Putin Lead his Country? I'll Tell You Where
On this, the second anniversary of the Crimean referendum to rejoin
Russia, the author answers a Ukrainian questioner