Who we are up against

Zenaan Harkness zen@freedbms.net
Mon Mar 7 00:26:19 PST 2016

On 12/14/15, Steve Kinney <admin@pilobilus.net> wrote:

>>> The presumption that people who are notably compliant with
>>> illegitimate  authority have a "conscience" and fixed notions
>>> of right and wrong is questionable.
>>
>> We're talking about the Milgram experiment - instructor
>> (authority, actor), teacher (the sheep), learner (electro shock
>> pain receiver for wrong answers, actor).
>
> [ ... ]
>
>> The results speak for themselves!
>
> Indeed they do.  In a context where the test subjects are
> self-selected (volunteers) from a population and culture deeply
> committed to elaborate, labor intensive submission to authority
> (college students), with "the boss" hovering over them demanding
> compliance (politely of course), most will continue "only
> following orders" to the point of endangering the lives of
> anonymous strangers.
>
> I'm not sure this generalizes to describe the behavior of whole
> populations in the wild, though.  Certainly, every country of any
> size has more than enough pathological "followers" to field
> military forces, run concentration camps, etc.  But I think "60%
> to 90%" of any population is a very high estimate.
>
>> The results speak for themselves. You keep apologising in
>> subtle(?) ways - "oh, it's only the most eager sociopaths" and
>> "all the others must have had some other disorders".
>>
>> Seriously?
>
> Nope:  I was expressly talking about "Those who comply most
> eagerly", not the much larger number

Milgram shows otherwise. Your are expressing nothing more than your
personal opinion porn. Back it up with facts, or Milgram's experiment,
repeated by other researchers many times, in many countries, with both
genders, and even in relatively recent times, is consistent - 60% to
90% of people, in general, -will- push a button that they know/
believe is likely to kill someone, merely under the verbal pressure of
an authority above them.

> whose compliance is marginal,
> grudging, or largely pretended.

This is delusion on your part. Did you read the full wikipedia page?
Find some facts to support your position, if you want your position to
be taken as factual in any way.

>> This result doesn't need our qualification nor any apology!
>> 'We' need a solution to educating 'ourselves' - our 'fellow
>> sheep'!
>
> You'll get no arguments from me on that point:  If I could find a
> way to put that on a paying basis, I would probably not be flat
> broke today.

That's a good start. Let me also put it this way: even if "only" 10 to
15% of the population are sociopathically or "despotically"
authority-compliant, rather than the definitive 60% yo 90% as
ascertained by Milgram, we are still in an incredibly bad situation,
since it appears evident when it's relevant, those exact people (the
despotically compliant) end up having to kill or torture the rest -
Pol Pot, Nuremberg, Stalin, and more recently the Ukronazis in
Ukraine. From what I've read, the concentration camps of the "allies"
of WWII were no better, and in some ways quite possibly worse, that
the German camps - and many of us are aware of the level the Japanese
took to "the fine art of incredible way to torture humans."

This problem, and a problem it is, rears its sociopathic head in every
historically relevant situation. No "people" are immune, no nation is
immune.

There is no point burying our heads in the sand - a peaceful
transition will always be the better option, if we can ever get enough
sheeple to join hands in a government-overturning kumbaya. Short of
that, revolution and tyranny must rein for the period of transition. I
am not envious of those living in large American cities at this
particular point in history.

Good luck to those who are,
Zenaan