Once again: Tor timing attacks and a Tor confession

Georgi Guninski guninski@guninski.com
Mon Feb 29 22:54:54 PST 2016

Is jitter/fill traffic full solution?
What if they disrupt or slow X times your traffic to Tor?
This will be observable at the other end.

Probably easier is to just own me via some application
sploit (as suggested in this thread).

RE:  cost of ownage/minor offenses.

Don't exclude the possibility single investment to result
in compromise of all of Tor and then deanonimizing will
be just a simple query.

In one Snowden slide there was something like:
"NSA can deanonimize some Tor users ...
but we don't want to scare all of them".

This is consistent with the fate of Lulzsec.

According to the official story (which I don't believe),
the first of them got caught because "he forgot to use
tor when on irc..."