Operation Barbarossa: The 75th Anniversary of the Nazi Invasion of the Soviet Union

Rayzer rayzer at riseup.net
Mon Jun 27 08:10:26 PDT 2016

On 06/27/2016 06:45 AM, John Newman wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 11:52:52AM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>> Operation Barbarossa: The 75th Anniversary of the Nazi Invasion of the
>> Soviet Union
>>
>> On this 75th anniversary of the German invasion of the Soviet Union the
>> Russians will once again remind the world that the Red Army saved European
>> civilisation as well as Russia from the Nazis
> And they sure paid a high fucking price for it! Maybe things would've gone
> better if Stalin hadn't purged all the competent military personnel in
> the 30's....  but, no denying they turned it around. Hitler and Stalin
> were both mad men.

There's historical evidence to dispute the concept that Stalin was "Mad".

A biography written about a decade ago included a conversation between
Stalin, and his son, who was influence peddling the family name. To the
best of my recollection the convo went like this:

Stalin to his son: "You are not "Stalin". I am not "Stalin". "Stalin" is
that person you hear about on the radio and read about in the newspapers"

Josef Stalin was aware that his persona had been hijacked and he was not
in charge of all events that were occurring in his name. Compare to
Hitler, who was thoroughly delusional.

Rr