Wikileaks is the Endgame

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Jun 26 20:57:15 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 10:44:18PM -0500, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:
> Standing up for someone's right to pollute the list with messages that,
> in all honesty, contribute nothing to civil discussion, is bad enough.

You get to choose EITHER:

a) the nature of the list you join (nettime seems like a good fit for
what you say you want),

or

b) with whom you jump onto the same list

You don't get to choose both. That would be a fascist dictatorship by
any other name. Some of us happen to like the mix. You don't like the
mix, and you are free to complain about the particular mix in this neck
o the woods, as we are free to mock such requests and cackle like hyenas.

> Your suggestion that I unsubscribe is many times worse than that.

Perhaps be grateful that's the only suggestion you got.

Seriously there are millions of people online, and 100s of 10900s of
online forums to cater to those folks - you can't accuse the web of lack
of choice. And if you really want something just that little bit
different to what's already out there - a new ShawnCyphers forum is but
a few clicks away - in this regard we live in a world of abundance.