Hi, Boyce! (was Fwd: tor-talk subscription update)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Jun 23 05:38:54 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 07:45:44AM +0300, Александр wrote:
> Those who didn't betray Appelbaum are now banned?
> Those who ask questions and/or dig deeper that the average sheeple are now
> censored by the "ANTIcensorship" project/software?
> And the excuse is so touching.... "ludicrous rape apologetics" and
> "offtopic discussions".
>
> Juan are there any words than can describe such an ugly, cowardly and
> idiotic behavior?
> I can't find in my vocabulary. Nor english and nor russian.

I don't know Alex, but I do know this: I have an expectation (recently
dashed to smithereens) that a project such as Tor Inc, promoting
"freedom of speech, whistleblowing and more", should facilitate at least
ONE public communication forum (email list) which list has a strong
guarantee of freedom of speech, even though most or all other lists may
be considered semi or fully private club lists (only excepting the
laws which bind that corporation in its jurisdiction - a corporation
obviously cannot fail to censor illegal "speech" in its home
jurisdiction).

It is extremely disappointing to me that Tor Inc fails to even attempt
to do so.

We are left with the reality they are nothing a (semi) private club
operating on dictatorial (sorry, "democratic") principles.