Shit The FBI Says...

Xer0Dynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:05:16 PDT 2016

>> The US Federal Bureau of Investigation has successfully convinced a
>> federal judge to block the disclosure of where the bureau has attached
>> surveillance cams on Seattle utility poles.
>
> If they had disclosed the locations, I'm sure they'd all end up being
> vandalized.
> Shot at, stolen, spray painted over...

That's not a legitimate complaint.  The local mayor could still
protest the installation of such devices on her/his city.  If the
directive to install such devices does not come from a higher up
executive, there''s no reason not to protest if it's undesired.

The FBI, like all law enforcement, isn't supposed to act like
renegades, taking Justice into their own hands.  They can be liable
for CIVIL lawsuits (without the protection of the government) of
acting on their own like that.  (Those employees, to protect
themselves, should make sure they have the request from the President
in writing.).

Here's another schizoid thing about it all.  Quiz:  The Department of
Justice is under the Executive Branch or the Judicial Branch.  Oh, the
Executive, so it just want its own brand of Justice, is that it?
Because what's supposed to happen is that people are to be charged
with a crime by the executive, and THEN it goes in front of a Court to
be heard.

The other thing is, that the municipal, county, and state government
can say NO to such installations.  Don't complain about the federal
government, complain about your local mayor.

Mark
http://wiki.hackerspaces.org/Hack_the_Law