the challenge of becoming an anarchist - why nearly everyone's a statist

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Jun 13 04:42:33 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 01:44:18PM +0300, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 01:33:41PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > 'We' have lost faith in our fellow humans to a high degree. We don't trust
>
> Isn't distrusting enemies/those who deserve it/
> common sense and best practice?

Indeed. I gnashing my teeth here and there over those dang humans, so very
few can be trusted to behave rationally, let alone without the negative
aspects of the mind and emotion - vindictiveness, anger, spite, envy,
greed, lust, lynch-mobbingness etc.

> > ourselves and so we don't trust our fellow 'citizens'. We put money,
>
> Not trusting others doesn't necessarily mean you don't trust yourself.
>
> As for practical anarchism, I consider it utopia (hi Juan ;) ) with the
> current sheeple.

An immediate transition, say removal of the state, would probably descend
into gangs exacting vigilante justice on each other, causing a lot of
damage, collateral damage, to humans and property, before eventually they
figure out (if they/ the majority do figure anything out) that sanity
requires a basic procedure of "do unto others as you'd have them do unto
you" and therefore a justice procedure which involves more than just "go
bash the shit out of the person your mate says did the wrong thing".

> Maybe the most plausible implementation of anarchism is if aliens
> colonize humans or possibly "teach" them how good anarchism is ;)

An external authority is indeed probably required with the current state
of schooled humans, to educate them on internal authority and how best to
exercise that, such as to syndicate in an objectively self interested way.

Lynch mobbing demonstrates that most humans don't get past their first
thought to a second thought. That's just asking a lot... evidently.

So practically I believe we are left with attempts to create enclaves of
like minded individuals - syndicates of self interested humans, limited in
number, acting in mutual self interest, learning how to handle the
different natures of one another.

I do believe we are stuck with the state for the short to medium term, and
I'd hate to see the last 20 years of US hegemonic demonic domination of
the planet had Russia completely disintegrated with Yeltsin.