How to download the full ruling of USA Supreme Court cases?

z9wahqvh z9wahqvh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:36:26 PDT 2016

these are widely available without charge, including the actual Court
documents. the Cornell site JB mentions is excellent. Wikipedia typically
has a link to the full text of every major case and many minor ones if they
have a page for the case (which they usually do). Justia has most Supreme
Court and many other Federal court decisions at http://law.justia.com/cases/.
and then there is the Court itself, where you can use the general search
box or the fuller search here:
http://www.supremecourt.gov/search_center.aspx. as long as you have the
names of the litigating parties it's easy to find the whole text. I think
currently they have all decisions from the late 1990s as separate PDFs, and
earlier ones are contained in bound volumes, so you need to download the
year's volume for the case you have and then search the litigant names.